zondag 4 april 2010

PS3 Updates and slow Internet connections





Couple of days ago, I re-started Bioshock to get the trophies that I wanted - and could get - to finally put this little baby away.


Lo-behold, I finished playing it in one day, made a proper new (read back-up) save and crushed the end-boss after doing so.


But wait! Instead of auto-saving on the last file, the PS3 saves OVER my back-up file, instantly deleting my whole playthrough.


Needless to say I was pretty damn pissed off.


He could pick from two files but no he HAD to screw up mine.


Not my sparkly black friend that evening.


So, anyway - because I'm such hardheaded and stubborn as hell - I decided to give it yet another, very last, try today. With four back-up saves!


Until I got prompted to update the PS3. Now, I'm over my download limit on my Internet connection until the 7th of April and it automatically goes to a slower connection. 


26 minutes later, it's still at 7%.


If I had the time and money, I'd hunt down my Internet Providers and beat them down with a spoon.


*insert very annoyed, rolling eyes, sighing brunette*


So, meanwhile I'm stuck with ironing until the download finishes. Hopefully sometime today - preferably this afternoon still. 


Oh, has anyone seen the new Resident Evil Afterlife Trailer? Gosh. I'm speechless - and that doesn't happen often - and I don't mean that in a good way. What were they thinking?

1 opmerking:

  1. If the bandwidth cap is in the agreement, there's nothing much you can do. But then again, you can always shift for a better and faster internet connection if you're not happy with your current one. And judging from this post, you were spending a lot of time on gaming, which requires a solid connection for a smooth experience. Don't know how it is today though. =) Jannette @ TlinkBroadBand.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen