zaterdag 24 april 2010

Stargate SG-1 Sam and Jack

I'm in the mood for some Sam and Jack quotes :p


As many of you know, I'm a sci-fi fan. Always have been, always will be. I grew up with Star Trek The Original Series when I was very young, too young to understand it all but somehow it crept into my soul and I kept watching The Next Generation until I grew into a young lady and teenaged through Voyager.


So falling in love with Stargate SG-1 came naturally to me. I've been following them since day 1 and has been a part of my life for over 13 years now. The show is incredible, amazing actors, very strong story-line, good special effects - certainly for a TV show.


For some reason, I always find myself 'shipping' couples. Guess it's the romantic chick in me boiling to the surface =).


Sam and Jack have a very, very long relationship that can't happen because they're both in the Air Force and even more Sam is serving under his command which goes against frat rules if they consider having a romantic relationship. But as love goes, you can't help falling in love. And that is exactly what happens between Sam and Jack. 


They sacrifice their love for their duty. They both know they're in love and it's not just some fling. It's more than love. It's a bond they share, beyond death.


Both trying to fall in love with someone else, they find themselves failing each time. After eight long years they FINALLY let themselves pursue a relationship because for one - she's out of his chain of command and two - coming too close to losing each other too many times cleared their heads and they eventually listen to their hearts.


I do have to say, it's an angsty relationship. It's eight years filled with angsty love. Loving the other while knowing you can't have them. Knowing you can't love them, hold them.


It's true what they say: fear will bind you stronger than love. And having to share all this pain and trusting the other in constant combat, it translates in risking your own life for the other. Wanting to sacrifice your own life for the one you love.


It's - well - I'll let the quotes speak for themselves :) The pictures are random and don't go with the quotes but it shows how much one can say with only a look.




Sam Carter: I take it you're Colonel O'Neill? Captain Samantha Carter reporting Sir.
Jack O'Neill: Oh, here we go. Another scientist! General, please.



Sam Carter: Ya know, you really will like me once you get to know me.
Jack O'Neill: Oh, I adore you already Captain.



Janet Frasier: You miss him?
Sam Carter: Yeah.
Janet Frasier: Is this a problem?
Sam Carter: No! No of course not.



Jack O'Neill: I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter.



Sam Carter: Yes Sir.
Jack O'Neill: Sir....



Sam Carter: Please...Jack.



Sam Carter: Thank you Sir.
Jack O'Neill: For what?
Sam Carter: For being here for me.
Jack O'Neill: Always.



Jack O'Neill: All right! What?
Teal'c: Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired of the thought of never seeing you again.



Jack O'Neill: Because I care about her - a lot more than I'm supposed to.



Kerry: Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you apart?



(after Sam's trapped behind a force-field and the ship's about to explode)
Sam Carter: Sir? You gotta get out of here.
Jack O'Neill: So do you.
Sam Carter: Sir.
(starts beating against the force-field)
Jack O'Neill: I know I know!
Sam Carter: Sir - just go.
Jack O'Neill: NO!


Portrayed by the wonderful Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping
For their talent and their good heart and beautiful soul

Peace and love

2 opmerkingen:

  1. WOW!!!!! Ta stronka jest wspaniała, piękna, przecudna;) ukłony w stronę twórcy:)!!!BRAWO!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I 'm also fan sam/jack couple and I make a blog dedicatet to Stargatee sg-1.
    Bye :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen