woensdag 7 oktober 2009

Auf Wiedersehen BMW F1






Little warning; I'll be posting new posts today to everything and anything I've been wrapping my mind around this last week...and it's a lot LOL

Before I start my little homage to BMW F1, I squee-d when I read something pretty darn awesome.


I'm so excited to read that Kubica will be joining RenaultF1 when this season is over. I truly believe that man has talent. Just like Montoya has. I kinda relate to Montoya. Not that I have talent in the F1 because I don't even drive a bike let alone a car but he was so talented and he loved what he did and then people wanted to change him.


And he was like: I am who I am and if you guys want to change me? So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen...goodbye. Off he went to Nascar and kept showing his talent, sucked for the F1 and its bosses because Montoya knew how to play a crowd, how to keep the race entertaining. 


Did you know that Frank Williams picked Montoya after he saw Montoya passing cars on the grass in the pouring rain and having absolute control over it? That's talent. When he's driving; he hums a song. And yes his risks made him crash a lot but at least he took them. If there was one person who could take on Schumacher, it was Montoya even when the cars were not in the same league of power. 


Kubica is that other person that I'll keep my eye on in the F1. He brings it to the table and also takes risks. So yeah, hopefully he kicks some ass in his new Renault.


Alright back to my homage to BMW F1 with some pictures to remember the good old days before it is: goodnight BMW.






It all started with WilliamsF1. Its engine powered by BMW, it made quite a good start and left a powerful impression. Maybe finally a team arrived to compete with Ferrari? Together with McLaren Mercedes they took on the job to rattle Ferrari's cages, to yank their chains. And they did. 


One other thing that kept them on top of the F1 news was their specific humor, their take on situations inside the F1. After having way too many F1 noses up their royal behinds, this was their reaction:







This year:


BMW wanted to have their own team, they had the competing engine and wanted the competing chassis. Taking on Sauber was not a good idea. They jumped off the cliff but their wings didn't open; they kept on falling and sometimes the wind picked them up in their downfall but it wasn't meant to be.


BMW I seriously hope you get the people together to actually have your own team.

BMW you will be truly missed, hope to see you again in a couple of years =)







Quote of the Day by Nick Heidfeld: "I was ahead of him...my front.... He should look where he goes. Maybe we try to find a brain for him."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten