dinsdag 9 februari 2010

Grand Theft Auto IV

Since I'm still pumped by all the adrenaline souring through my body from all the dancing, I don't feel like sleeping...even when it's 04u46 xD






Grand Theft Auto IV might be slightly overrated to some so I was really weary when I started playing this but I found myself drown into the story, the characters, the mood, the gameplay, the Trophies of course and I truly believe it's in the top 10 of best games ever. Series wise of course because I'd have a lot of Final Fantasy's and Resident Evil's in that top 10 =)






The game itself is very well played out, it's a story within a mission. Each character has his own difficulties and missions to complete and you, as Niko, need to help them.






Whether it's stealing high end cars, delivering "packages", driving around with dead bodies, stealing, breaking in, killing mob families, dating their sisters,... the list goes on and that makes the game so playable. It doesn't get boring at all, frustrating yes whenever you have to do a story mission and you keep failing and you can't continue but after some time you find that if you take a deep breath, it's do-able.






The story blew me away. It's a very very strong script, very good voice acting, very believable characters. Some of the conversations had me in fits of laughter. It's pure geniusness, I tell ya.


And in the end, spoilers be warned, he doesn't get the girl. He does save his brother though and I believe that is why it can still be very heartwarming. You can relate to it. His family is so important to him, there's a lesson in it, I'm sure.






I finished it but I still have two trophies I need to do for it to be completed in my book. This is not a game where I can get a Platinum Trophy. o_O


But back to some examples of the quotes in the game. Nico was watching television (yes you can do that in the game) and on one of the shows; it goes something like: and the British came, sure they did they're all gay!


I mean knowing that this game is made by the Brittish...LOL... them Brits like to take the piss out of themselves. Gah. I love them.






Niko Bellic: (when drunk and hailing a cab) Heeeey! Yeeeeeeeeelooooow Car!!!


Which to me is really funny, I have a friend who does the same thing when he's drunk LOL

Vladimir 'Vlad' Glebov: (answering his phone) Hey. Hey, gorgeous, no. I can't talk right now. What are you wearing? Listen, I'll call you back.
[to Niko]
Vladimir 'Vlad' Glebov: Sorry.
Niko Bellic: Who was that?
Vladimir 'Vlad' Glebov: Never you mind.
Niko Bellic: Was it Ivan?
Vladimir 'Vlad' Glebov: Oh, that's funny. You know, for a damn yokel you're a very funny guy.
Niko Bellic: [laughing] Yes. And for an annoying dick, you're really an annoying dick. 





Niko Bellic: [after being insulted by Brian] You're a dick!
Brian Meech: I'm a rich dick, friend. I'm young. I'm rich. And I'm loaded. You know what?
[Takes out $100 and hands it to Niko]
Brian Meech: Have a hundred dollars, on Uncle Sam. Benjamin Motherfucking Franklin. Freedom! [Walks away] This coke is okay!





Dimitri Rascalov: You know, if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that we must obey the rules of the game. We can pick the game, Niko Bellic. But we cannot change the rules.

United Liberty Paper: You think I don't know that? You think I've been sitting around scratching my balls with my head up my ass?
Niko Bellic: I'd be impressed if you had been. 



Well that's it for GTA IV and as my clock reads 05u56, I bid you farewell yet again because I know I'll be having another sleepless night later today as I'm gonna pick up my copy of Bioshock 2!! More on that later ^_^

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten